This month’s featured model is a resident of Miami Florida. Born in Brazil and signed with five different modeling agencies you can say male model Renato Freitas has a solid career in the world of modeling. I got to learn more about what he does to keep his diet on point for all this shoots.
1. What is your athletic background and how did you get involved with modeling?
I started to workout with my brother (older than me) when I was 17 years old, and I started modeling when I was 20 years old, a modeling agency from my hometown in Brazil found on social media.
2. What do you love most about modeling?
Travel, crazy friends and healthy life style at same time.
3. What keeps you motivated?
I’m always surrounded by good friends and my work, its a motivating too because I always have to update my portfolio and to keep things on top, I have to work hard everyday. No time to get lazy.
4. What were the major milestones that gave you that “extra” motivational boost?
When I have a big campaign on my schedule $$$ LOL
5. What are your future goals, dreams and plans?
I’m happy living in Miami right now but my goal is to live in NYC.
6. What does your current training split look like, and what do you like most about it?
Right now I’m taking easy with my training because it’s not high season for me to work so I’m working out only 4 times per week but I keep my diet straight avoiding carbs by night and eating everything organic.
7. What are some of your best tips for someone who wants to break into the modeling world?
If you really want it just make it happen, don’t wait the others to do something for you.
8. What’s the best advice you would give to someone wanting ripped or shredded abs?
Well… for that there’s no shortcuts, You can workout abs everyday, each day one part of it and burning fat workouts are always the best to keep burning fat even after training and don’t forget to breath correctly while doing it. And NO carbs at all after 7pm.
9. What does your off-season bulking (eating) plan look like?
I eat pretty much everything all the time… I don’t go to fast foods anymore because I always feel bad after. I just can’t say NO to pizza. But always good stuff.
10. What does your cutting (eating) plan look like?
I only eat organic food, cutting carbs after 7pm and before bedtime I drink water with squeezed lemon.
11. What are some of the biggest training mistakes you’ve made?
The biggest training mistakes that I’ve made was.. when I was working out too much… like Sunday to Sunday. Your body needs to rest, you are not getting faster results working out like crazy. Take at least 2 breaks per week.
12. What are some of your favorite supplements and why?
I don’t take supplements.
13. Favorite activities and hobbies you enjoy when away from the gym?
I like to play tennis… my favorite sport and it’s great for burning
14. What newbie mistakes did you make when you first started modeling?
A newbie mistake when I started modeling I think was to be very impatient… things happen in the right time, until then it doesn’t matter how big your audience is… just keep the hard work.
15. Any last advice for beginners or anyone looking to get into modeling?
Only work with big agencies on this market… stay away from the new
16. Any upcoming projects you are working on? What does the future hold for you?
I’m in vacation right now… second break of the year for me and work starts again in October, but still have some cool projects coming out soon. I’m always updating my IG, so stay tuned.
Thanks for having me.
Good luck to everyone and always follow your dreams.