Born from two amazing parents that taught me to always follow my dreams, and supported me in all my ridiculous endeavors. I decided that a B.S. in Exercise Science and Nutrition would be a good fit for my preposterously active lifestyle. 28 years and counting, I’ve managed to stay alive and well while trying to spread positivity, happiness, goofiness and health to all corners of the world!
1. What is your athletic background and how did you get involved with modeling?
I’ve been active all my life thanks to my parents getting me into sports at a young age. I played Soccer or Futbol since I was knee high to a grasshopper through college (club teams thank you Title9)
Fitness or being active is my passion in life, naturally I ended up graduating with a BS in Exercise Science and Nutrition (practice what you preach!) I originally got into modeling because of one of my mothers hairdressers… one thing led to another and here I am today working for Rufskin loving every moment of it!
2. What do you love most about modeling?
Location, location, location… modeling has given me so many opportunities to see parts of the world some people never get to experience. I also like meeting other people from ALL parts of the industry photographers, models, designers etc. However, I’m sort of shy when first meeting new people believe it or not.
3. What keeps you motivated?
Ultimately, I keep myself motivated. Fitness is a journey not a destination so I’ll always keep it going on this wonderful journey!
4. What were the major milestones that gave you that “extra” motivational boost?
Looking back all my milestones were transitions into a new part of fitness: Soccer, Track & Field (I really miss pole vault), Distance running 5k’s- marathons, Triathlons, Weight lifting, Bodybuilding, Crossfit, skateboarding, BMX, surfing, scuba diving, rock climbing, just to name a few… I’ve done so much and there is still so much more to do! Anytime I get to do somehting new its always fun and motivating!
5. What are your future goals, dreams and plans?
I’ve yet to visit Australia & New Zealand and have always had a pull to go there for whatever reason… could be because they have the most “fit people” per capita?!
6. What does your current training split look like, and what do you like most about it?
Currently, I’m doing whatever I can to stay active and healthy. I was involved in a hit and run accident in February causing me to blow out my ACL and LCL in my knee. I’m waiting for surgery currently. I can’t do Crossfit which I’m super addicted to right now so I go to a regular gym and stop into my Crossfit gym once in a while just for the community (I love all the people at Fathom Crossfit, such a great supportive community)!
7. What are some of your best tips for someone who wants to break into the modeling world?
Don’t be discouraged its a hard industry to get in… always look for a positive, if someone says “no” ask for other possible avenues!
8. What’s the best advice you would give to someone wanting ripped or shredded abs?
It doesn’t happen overnight! No substitute for hard fucking work and a GOOD diet!
9. What does your off-season bulking (eating) plan look like?
What’s off season?
10. What does your cutting (eatting) plan look like?
I live in a state of constantly having to be ready for a shoot so I eat for function almost 100% of the year. Lots of veggies and lean protein! I love popcorn!!!!!!
11. What are some of the biggest training mistakes you’ve made?
When I was into bodybuilding cutting water killed me… I’ll never do a water cutting plan again maybe I did it incorrectly but it was the worst experience of my life.
12. What are some of your favorite supplements and why?
Protein, creatine, multi vitamin, fish oil, and joint support, because it’s the staple of my program, simple and easy, no other BS. I can get crazy though with my supps when I have the time and energy to plan that all out too!
13. Favorite activites and hobbies you enjoy when away from the gym?
Literally anything to keep me active and moving, from mountain biking and hiking to spartan races and ocean swimming I’ll do it all!
14. What newbie mistakes did you make when you first started modeling?
You just have to be smart and know what youre getting into, always get as much info as you can sometimes I didn’t get all the details.
15. Any last advice for beginners or anyone looking to get into modeling?
16. Any upcoming projects you are working on?
Always working on new styles, collections, fun things for Rufskin!